Friday, September 9, 2011

Ways of Grace

I recently made some purchases.  Unfortunately, everyone is not as customer oriented as I would like them to be.  One Customer Services Rep was particularly unpleasant, and initially, I got angry.  Then, I thought about the fact that I have a Heavenly Father!  He loves and cares for me!!  Do I really need to get upset because someone does not treat me well?  Won't my Father handle all of my haters?  Well, after trying to get the Rep to acknowledge my royalty, I left the store.  I was disappointed, but I resolved to not pursue a complaint.  I began to feel a little concerned for the CSR; my Daddy really doesn't like it when people don't treat me well.  A few days later, the Quality Control arm of this same store called and asked if I was pleased with the service I received.  I let them know I was not, but if they had not called me, I never would have mentioned it.  The victory for me, was letting it go, extending to the CSR the grace she needed on that day.  Who knows what she had been going through?  Grace works folks.  Sometimes it seems like you lose, but you really win when you give others what they need with the confidence that your Father will make sure you get what you need.  The more confidence I have that my Father is working on my behalf, the easier it is for me to "work" on the behalf of others, letting them off the hook so to speak, and not requiring they meet my standard...That's grace, and it works by faith! 

No comments:

Post a Comment